WE ARE COMMITTED TO EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE
Position Title: Administrative Assistant to the National President
Employment Type: Indeterminate / Determinate
Classification: Band 7
Salary: $71,014 to $79,930
Language: Bilingual Imperative
Union: Excluded position
AREA OF SELECTION:
Employees within Alliance Employees Union (AEU) Bargaining Unit V;
Other members of the Alliance Employees Union;
Employees of the PSAC and its Components;
Under the direction of the Executive Assistant to the National President and/or the National President, may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Providing executive level administrative support to the Executive Assistant to the National President and the National President;
- Performing general office duties such as filing, photocopying, mailing, sending facsimiles, etc.;
- Composing, typing, formatting, preparing and issuing letters, memoranda and other communiqués;
- Assembling and organizing documents, equipment and supplies for conferences, Conventions and meetings;
- Entering and transcribing data and information as directed;
- Attends Executive Council meetings, Presidents’ Conferences and Conventions;
- On behalf of the National President, solicits agenda items for scheduled meetings, as required;
- Contacts hotel representatives in accordance with established contracts to reserve rooms, provide guest information and communicate requirements for meeting rooms for regularly scheduled and ad hoc meetings approved by the National President;
- Arranges for simultaneous translation and electronic language services for scheduled meetings within the confines and limitations with the contracts for services already negotiated with these service providers;
- Takes and transcribes minutes using a notebook or voice recordings;
- Responds, in both official languages, to administrative enquiries received from the Executive Council Officers, Locals, Members, Component Officers, PSAC Officers and Staff;
- Revises, where necessary, the translation of the minutes and other documents in English and French where improper terms or words are transcribed by outside translators.
- Diploma in Office Administration – Executive Level is an asset or Post-secondary education diploma with a minimum of 2 years experience in a similar role providing general administrative and secretarial services relevant to the duties of the position or a high school diploma with a minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role or an acceptable combination of education, training and experience.
- Proficient in written, oral and comprehension of both English and French;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Knowledge of Access is an asset;
- Ability to prepare draft letters and effectively type, transcribe and edit documents;
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Strong communications skills;
- Sound judgment, initiative, reliability and the ability to work independently;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles is an asset.
CLOSING DATE: September 25, 2020
Candidates should demonstrate in their applications how their qualifications meet the advertised qualifications for the position. Failure to do so will result in candidates being screened out of the process. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Applications must be sent via e-mail to Marc Brière, National President, Union of Taxation Employees at firstname.lastname@example.org and received no later than the close of business on September 25, 2020.
Please note that expenses incurred by applicants in attending any and all interviews and/or tests shall be the sole responsibility of the applicant.