We have established an Honours and Awards Committee to review nominees for awards in accordance with UTE Regulations.
This committee oversees the awarding of the:
- Award of Merit (Godfroy Côté Award)
- Certificate of Achievement (Al Lough Award)
- Life Membership
- Humanitarian Award
- UTE Community Service Award
- International Children’s Awareness Canada sponsorship and subsidy - contact the technical advisor to apply
- Award of Merit in the Field of Health and Safety – Elizabeth (Betty) Bannon
Not only do we give out awards, the Honours and Awards Committee selects the scholarship recipients. Members, their dependents and their grandchildren are eligible. There are 10 Regional awards at $1000 each and 2 National awards of $2500 each.
While not directly under the responsibility of the committee, UTE Locals are empowered to award union service pins of three, five, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35 and 40 years to members who have served the interests of the membership over these periods of time.