CRA and UTE Renew their Commitment to the Union-Management Philosophy
On May 18th, 2012 CRA and UTE renewed their commitment to the Union-Management philosophy.
The philosophy highlights the importance that we place on a harmonious and transparent union-management relationship and the practical application of an informal conflict resolution approach.
The union-management philosophy is based on:
- equality of the parties within the consultative process;
- mutual trust and respect;
- a commitment to be constructive, fair, sensitive, and courteous in our dealings with each other;
- facilitating constructive decision making and problem solving at the lowest possible level; and
- knowledge and mutual respect of legislation and national union-management policies and understanding of the functions and objectives of each party.
The philosophy was originally signed in 2005 by former senior representatives of the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA), the Union of Taxation Employees (UTE) of the Public Service Alliance of Canada (PSAC), and the Audit, Financial and Scientific (AFS) Group of the Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada (PIPSC). Since then, a number of changes have occurred, including a move from the CCRA to the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and the appointment of new senior representatives.
Our renewed commitment to the union-management philosophy demonstrates our engagement to further develop our positive union-management relationship.