Betty Bannon Item 10
The Executive Committee met on June 19th 2006. The Minutes and substantiating documents are attached only for your reference.
After speaking to Captain Ed Smith the Committee makes the following recommendation regarding UTE’s relationship with the International Children’s Awareness (ICA):
Be it resolved that UTE;
- Create a line item in our budget for the “ICA International Fund” ~$10,000 including promotional items;
- Make an annual donation of $500 to ICA;
- Advise our members to use the United Way to direct some or all of their donation to ICA
- Sponsor a student who wants to go with Captain Smith to Africa. This would be approximately $5000 and the Honours and Awards Committee would solicit names and pick the person;
- Subsidize a member with $2500 to go with Captain Smith to Africa
- Develop a joint promotional item(s) with ICA and a portion of the sales would go to ICA.
Be it resolved that the Modules of the PSAC Local Officers Kit identified by the Executive Committee be approved for use of the UTE Education Fund and;
Be it further resolved that the Guidelines for use of the Education Fund be as follows:
- If the education portion of a Regional session put on by the RVP lasts a full day or more then they may expend 50% of the expense from their Education monies.
- If the education portion of a Regional session put on by the RVP lasted only an AM or PM (less than a day but at least half a day) then they may expend 25% of the expense from their Education monies.
Chair of the Committee
Addendum to the Executive Committee Report
The Committee met on September 19, 2006 and made the following recommendation:
Be it Resolved that UTE create a new Position for the National Office for a Senior Labour Relations Officer.