REPORT OF THE STAFFING COMMITTEE
Kent MacDonald Item 11(a)
The committee has not met since our last report. All of the committee
members attended the employers training “Work Description Writing ACS-SP” Oct
28 –29, 2003.
The committee did get together to review our outstanding items, thus looking
at scheduling a meeting for early in the New Year.
Our outstanding items are:
- Agency Classification Standard
- Work Description Review
- Finance & Administration Work Descriptions
- Specified Period Employees
- MG Group
- PM Educational Standards
- Agency Staffing and Recourse
- Staffing Grievances
- Computer Profiles for Trust Compliance/Collections
Contact Officers Work Descriptions
- CS Educational Standard
- PQP and other Staffing Abuses
- CCRA Assessment of Recourse
- Changes to PQP Process
- Performance Management System
- Access to Personal Files by managers
during staffing processes
As committee chair I reviewed all the concerns submitted to the UTE National
Staffing Committee as a result of Bulletin 12/03 and compiled the following
- Portfolio of Competencies (POC) – Length of time to complete.
being worked on then not assessed as candidate fail written exam. Thus
using their lifetime 7 hrs.
- The assessment of Conflict Management Competency.
- Lack of Recourse/Corrective
- Lack of consistency in the use of Competencies. One competition,
submit 3, have marked, if passed submit remaining 5. Other process must
submit all 8.
- Inconsistency in the evaluation of SEED competencies.
- Qualified employee in the pool being removed thus having
no access to ITPR.
- Time delay in receiving Decision Review (5 months).
- Placement criteria
not clear on Poster, Decided what criteria to use after completion
of the process.
- Sole use of supervisory reference checks.
- Long term acting’s 3-4
- Candidates meet experience criteria but screened out, no corrective
action at IF.
These items will be addressed with the employer as soon as a meeting can be
Chairperson of the Committee
Visit often, and send us your comments to the email@example.com if you have any problems.
Copyright © 2000-2013 UTE All Rights Reserved