TO: Executive Council
Alt. Regional Vice-Presidents
RE: UTE National Equal Opportunities Conference
DATES: October 21 – 23, 2022
Location: Delta Hotels by Marriott, Ottawa City Centre
101 Lyon St, North, Ottawa, ON
TIMES: October 21, 2022, 9:00 -4:30
October 22, 2022, 9:00 – 4:30
October 23, 2022, 9:00 – 12:00
REGISTRATION: Online only via the following link:
The deadline for registration is September 12, 2022, at 23:59 EDT, Locals must also approve the registrations by the deadline.
All registrations received after 23:59 EDT, September 12, 2022, will be denied.
If you wish to submit your registration via printed form or other form due to a disability(ies), please contact Louise Dorion via telephone (343) 655-0149 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Andrea Holmes via telephone (343) 655-0158 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
THEME: Let’s Cultivate Change
The Conference objectives are:
- Step outside the box.
- Share your learning.
- Moving forward together.
These objectives will be achieved through plenary sessions and workshops. This will be an opportunity for you to network with other equity group members and others.
- The UTE National will fund two (2) members per Local.
- Funding will consist of:
- Family care allowance, if required; and
- Loss of salary
- Travel – Air Canada Flex Rate – Discount code will be provided prior to booking
- Hotel accommodations
- Per Diems for 4 days
- The conference is intended for UTE members who have limited or no knowledge / experience of equity issues. We strongly encourage Locals to fund other interested participants.
- For everyone’s health and safety the committee is requesting that all participants wear masks while in the conference.
For all queries / concerns related to the Conference, contact Andrea Holmes via telephone at (343) 655-0158 or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the undersigned via telephone at (250) 613-2835 or email (email@example.com).
Chairperson, Equal Opportunities Committee