|Alternate Regional Vice-Presidents|
RE : REGIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY CONFERENCES
The schedule for the Regional Conferences is as follows:
|April 11-13, 2003||St. John’s||NCR and Atlantic||Fairmont Newfoundland|
|May 9-11, 2003||Toronto||Montreal, Prairie, Southwestern Ontario, Greater Toronto||Hilton Toronto Airport|
|May 30-June 1, 2003||Calgary||Quebec, Rocky Mountains, Pacific, Northern & Eastern Ontario||International Hotel of Calgary|
The conference will start on the Saturday at 9:00 AM and will end at noon on the Sunday. There will be a hospitality reception on the Friday evening.
THEME AND OBJECTIVES
“Our Rights, Our Roles, Our Responsibilities”
The Canada Labour Code, Part II was amended to strengthen the internal responsibility system, that is, to give the work place partners the tools they need to resolve their health and safety concerns rapidly, effectively and on their own.
Workplace health and safety committees and representatives now have more legal responsibilities and powers to address health and safety issues in the workplace.
At this conference, you will:
- Learn the general legislative requirements, regulations and policies that govern health and safety in CCRA
- Learn and understand the primary functions and powers of a workplace committee
- Learn the appropriate enforcement mechanism for resolving health and safety disputes
- Learn the techniques of problem solving
- Learn how to improve health and safety through collective bargaining
Participants have to be members of a local workplace health and safety committee.
UTE will fund one participant from each workplace health and safety committee. See the list attached for your entitlement.
The funding will include:
- Per diem: 3 days (cheques sent directly to the participants)
- Hotel: paid directly by UTE
- Family Care Expenses is available (see UTE Regulation 17 for details for qualification for
- the allowance)
- Loss of wages: Part or all of Friday if applicable
- Travel: Cheque will be sent directly to the local
Locals may send additional participants at their own expense. These observers should have a basic knowledge of health and safety.
All UTE events are scent free.
UTE Health and Safety Committee
HEALTH AND SAFETY CONFERENCE
CONFÉRENCE DE SANTÉ ET DE SÉCURITÉ
# of Workplace committees (Health and Safety) :
# de comités locaux de santé et de sécurité:
|Local Name||Local Number||No.|
|Northern B.C. / Yukon||20002||1|
|Ottawa Head Office / B.P||70000||7|
|Ottawa I.T.S.O. / B.I.S.F.||70009||1|
|Ottawa T.S.O. / B.S.F.||70010||2|
|Ottawa T.C. / C.F.||70030||2|
|St. John's T.C. / C.F.||90000||2|