|Committee Members:||Chris Aylward – Chair
The meeting was called to order at 9:00am May 10, 2006 all committee members were present.
The committee reviewed the previous minutes of Oct. 13, 2005.
The chair provided an update on National Policy Committee issues;
- Employee Pamphlet – the chair will raise a concern with the employer in respect to the 1-800 number
- Threat and Assault Report
- J.H.A. for Field Officers – the chair will raise the concern of the length of time this is taking to get off the ground
- Training for Managers – a second pilot will be held and the chair will attend it is expected that this training will be rolled out in the fall
- CRA Policies – the first aid policy is now set to go, the first aid kit provided for will be a pocket kit**(see below). Committee Policy is also ready to go.
- Protection Footwear – the full allowance came into force for the agency on May1, 2006
** In respect to the employers position on providing pocket first aid kits to employees doing fieldwork, the committee will investigate purchasing “UTE” Type “A” kits to be provided to members who are require to do fieldwork.
The committee reviewed the list of Health and Safety contacts for the locals and noted that the only local that we do not have a contact for is Vancouver, the chair will follow up with the RVP. All RVP’s will be requested to keep the list up to date as part of their regional caucus’ at the President’s Conference, the committee will provide the RVP’s with the list at each March and September Conference.
A discussion took place in respect to the composition of the National Policy committee. With the departure of CEUDA and the continuance of the President on the committee the committee has verbally made the following recommendation to the President; Kent MacDonald will replace Barb Bell who was representing CEUDA and if Sister Bannon departs from the committee Lina Ruel would sit on the committee. It was also agreed that Norbert Wentzel would be the alternate to the UTE representatives.
The committee then discussed the regional and national conferences as per the 2005 convention resolution. Upon review of the numbers for each local, costing, and other events taking place the committee has decided on the following;
|Feb. 23-25, 2007||Montreal||NCR, Montreal, Pacific|
|April 13-15||Winnipeg||SWO, GTR, Rocky, Prairie|
|May 25-27||Moncton||Atlantic, NEO, Quebec|
The committee also decided on the theme “Back to Basics, A Practical Approach” and discussed the objectives, guest speakers and agenda, the committee will meet again in September to finalize the conferences. To assist in preparing the agenda the committee will be seeking input from the local workplace committees regarding committee members experience and training.
The meeting adjourned at 4:00 May 11, 2006.
Health and Safety Committee