Adam Jackson, Chair
Jamie vanSydenborgh, Co-Chair
Annette Melanson, Technical Advisor
Regrets with reason
David Lanthier, Presidents’ Representative
The committee dealt with the following items:
- ATIP requests on Agency Information
- Presidents’ Conference Presentation
- Meeting with NDP Revenue Critic Murray Rankin
- Suggestions from members
The chair and co-chair researched pervious ATIPs of the CRA that are publicly listed and considered what they would ask for in the interests of getting political information relevant to our members and our organization.
The following ATIP requests were submitted:
- All Canada Revenue Agency Board of Management meeting minutes and agendas since 2010 including minutes of all committee meetings
- Contract and tender information between CRA and Recall regarding the storage of CRA tax files
- All information with reference to A-066162 and A-064451 (this is actually requesting copies of an ATIP that was submitted by someone else regarding Briefing Books prepared for the new Minister)
- Meeting minutes or briefing notes of all meetings between the Canadian Federation of Independent Business and/or Dan Kelly and/or Catherine Swift and the current Minister of Labour Kellie Leitch and/or the former Minister of Labour Lisa Raitt (submitted to HRDSC)
- Meeting minutes or briefing notes of all meetings between Merit Canada and/or Terrance Oakey and the current Minister of Labour Kellie Leitch and/or the former Minister of Labour Lisa Raitt (submitted to HRSDC)
- All correspondence between the Canada Revenue Agency and Privy Council Office and/or the Treasury Board regarding Blueprint 2020 and/or Destination 2020
- All correspondence between the Commissioner of the Canada Revenue Agency Andrew Treusch and the Assistant Commissioners of the Canada Revenue Agency regarding the Union of Taxation Employees between the dates of January 1, 2013 and February 18, 2014
- All correspondence between the Commissioner of the Canada Revenue Agency Andrew Treusch and the Treasury Board regarding collective bargaining.
- Business transformation or planning documents, analysis and/or meeting minutes on consolidation or proposed closures of Tax Centres in CRA since 2010
- Briefing book and memos to Minister Kellie Leitch prepared for the 2013-07-15 cabinet shuffle (submitted to HRSDC)
- All committee reading material prepared as indicated in 4.6* of each committees’ charter of the Board of Management of the Canada Revenue Agency
- All planning documents, briefing memos, analyses, held by Canada Revenue Agency regarding the federal budget delivered on February 11, 2014
- All business plans, transformation documents, analyses, planning documents, memoranda during the period April 1, 2013 through February 25, 2014 regarding future Work Force Adjustment situations
- Amount of “at-risk” or “performance bonus” issued to unrepresented employees at the Canada Revenue Agency
- Amount of sick leave used in 2012 and 2013 by all employees of the Canada Revenue Agency
* 4.6 Reading material
Reading material for each Committee meeting will be available in both official languages and provided to Committee members by the Corporate Secretary far enough in advance of the scheduled Committee meeting as to allow members sufficient time to review the material. Committee members will be expected to have read the material prior to the meeting and thus will be expected to participate fully in Committee discussions on the subject matter contained within the reading material.
Presidents’ Conference Presentation
Will update the floor on our meeting, distribute MP and Senator voting list, distribute pre-written paragraphs for the presidents, will discuss the ATIP requests, will conduct brain-storming session with three questions; “What action would you like to see”, “what is the intended result of that action” and “how will that action bring about the result you desire”. We will note the suggestions and discuss whether or not and how they can be carried out.
Meeting with Murray Rankin NDP Revenue Critic
Spoke at length regarding Records Mgmt privatization expressing our concern that this item was not raised perhaps as much as we would have liked, especially in light of the privatization of the Veterans records storage. We shared our ATIP requests with him and discussed the morale of employees in a time when public servants and unionized members are being lambasted and attacked.