Chris Aylward Item 11(e)
A meeting of the National Health and Safety Policy was held on May 26th, 2005. A copy of the agenda is enclosed. Minutes of the February Policy committee meeting was sent to all the locals, a copy is attached to this report.
In between national meetings, we have had several sub-committee meetings to discuss the proposed revised CRA First Aid Policy and the CRA Health and Safety Workplace Committee and Health and Safety Representatives Policy. We have also started the initial discussions on the revision the Workplace Committee Training course.
The long awaited “Hazard Prevention Program Regulations” is now in the Canada Gazette Part I which meets that it is still a proposed regulation that has not been enacted and can still be commented on. It includes very interesting information on the health and safety education that the employer is to provide to each employee. You may access the document by searching Canada Gazette, Part 1, Volume 138, no 48- November 27th 2004.
Chairperson of the Committee
NATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING
WITH ALL UNIONS
THE CANADA REVENUE AGENCY
May 26, 2005, 9:30 a.m.
200 LAURIER AVENUE WEST
8th Floor Boardroom
- Job Hazard Analysis Recommendations (Common Issues)
- Agency OHS Audit
- Silent Hours
- “No Waste” Program (Mini Bins)
- Use of Automated External Defibrillators
- Job Hazard Analyses for Field Employees
- Incident Reporting
- CRA National Building Fire Evacuation Review
- CRA First Aid Health and Safety Policy
- Work Place Committee Training
Deferred to Future Meeting
1. Health and Safety Awareness / Training for Employees