Chris Aylward Item 11(e)
Our committee met on May 10 & 11 and a copy of the minutes is attached. The National Health and Safety Policy Committee is scheduled to meet on May 25, a copy of the agenda items to be discussed is attached. I will provide a verbal update at Council.
Chairperson of the Committee
NATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY COMMITTEE MEETING WITH ALL UNIONS
THE CANADA REVENUE AGENCY
May 25, 2006, 1:30 p.m.
200 LAURIER AVENUE WEST
8th Floor Boardroom
- Job Hazard Analysis Recommendations (Common Issues) / Agency OHS Audit
- Job Hazard Analyses for Field Employees
- Work Place Committee Training
- Health and Safety Awareness for Employees
- Protective Footwear Allowance
- Pandemic Planning
- OHS Video
- Hazard Prevention Program Regulation
- Portable Duress Alarms for Service Agents
Deferred to Future Meeting
- Work Place Committee Member and Health and Safety Representative Policy
- Health and Safety Training for Managers
- CRA First Aid Health and Safety Policy
1. JOB HAZARD ANALYSIS RECOMMENDATIONS (COMMON ISSUES) / AGENCY OHS AUDIT
The Committee will be provided with an update on the progress of consolidating the Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) Common Issues recommendations list and the Action Plan related to the Multi-Regional Audit of Occupational Health and Safety within the CRA.
2. JOB HAZARD ANALYSES FOR FIELD EMPLOYEES
The Committee will be provided with an update on the Job Hazard Analyses for Field Employees.
3. WORK PLACE COMMITTEE TRAINING
The Committee will be provided with an update regarding the revision to the Work Place Committee Training course.
4. HEALTH AND SAFETY AWARENESS FOR EMPLOYEES
The Committee will be provided with an update on the development of a health and safety awareness package for employees.
5. PROTECTIVE FOOTWEAR ALLOWANCE
The Committee will be advised of the progress that has been made in rolling out changes to the protective footwear program.
6. PANDEMIC PLANNING
The Committee will be provided with information on the status of pandemic planning within the CRA.
7. OHS VIDEO
The Committee will be provided with information on the update of the OHS video “It’s Good Business”.
8. HAZARD PREVENTION PROGRAM REGULATION
The Committee will be provided with information on the new Hazard Prevention Program Regulation that came into effect in December 2005.
9. PORTABLE DURESS ALARMS FOR SERVICE AGENTS
The Committee will be provided with an update on the provision of portable duress alarms for service agents.