Nick Stein Item (m)
The Committee met February 17/10 in Toronto. The minutes of this meeting will be circulated under a separate bulletin.
The agenda for the above noted meeting was:
- Review the results of the UTE Bill C-10 Campaign
- Confirm the presentation at the March Presidents’ Conference on how a Parliamentary Bill gets through Parliament to Royal Assent
- Review the “Issues to Political Parties and Candidates” for a federal election
- Consider an article for the next UTE Newsletter
- Discuss the PSAC Pension campaign
The Committee would like to THANK all Locals, Executive Council & National Office staff for their work on the Bill C-10 Campaign. For many this was their first time getting involved in political action. The Committee is pleased with the results of this campaign and understands that there is room for improvement.
The Committee remains on alert for instructions from the National President and/or Executive Council in regards to the impact on our membership in regards to the Federal Budget of March 4/10 as well any federal election that may be called.
Chair of the Committee