Nick Stein Item 11(h)
The committee chair and the technical advisor attended a PSSRB Section 99 hearing in Ottawa on November 30, 2001 . This decision has not been issued as of the preparation of this report. This hearing dealt with the employer not declaring a WFA situation at the Ottawa TC and the PSAC is confident that a favourable decision will result from this hearing. Once the decision is issued copies will be sent to executive council and all locals.
The committee met February 17 to 20 and the minutes of this meeting will be sent to the executive council and locals under separate cover. This meeting was to be tied into another PSSRB Section 99 hearing on February 19 and 20 but this hearing was postponed by the PSAC at the last minute.
The agenda for this meeting was changed as a result of the postponement and the following items were dealt with:
- review of the recent changes to the Workforce Adjustment Appendix resulting from the recent tentative agreement
- reasons for the postponement of the hearing
- preparation of a “draft” affected letter to be used in the field
- review and comment on the employer’s draft of the “Directive on Preferred Status”
- questionnaire to locals on potential WFA situations in the field
The committee has asked that the questionnaire be returned from the field by March 28, 2002 . It is the belief of the committee that there are many WFA situations in the field that we are not aware of. We are asking all members of the executive council and all locals to keep the committee advised of these situations.
Chair of the Committee