Technological Change Committee

Minutes of the Technological Change Committee

May 23, 2019

IN ATTENDANCE:

Brian Oldford, Chair
Greg Krokosh, Co-Chair
Josh Atwood, Presidents’ Representative
Mathieu Juneau, Technical Advisor

1. Review of Previous minutes

  • Next meeting on November 21, 2019
  • Need to tell employer that line on page 3 cannot remain = Chair to request that it be removed
  • Minutes not approved; will be pending change

2. Discussion on CVWMS

  • See Item 5, below

3. ESS – Reply from employer

  • Issue referred by the Chair to national UMC scheduled for June 13, 2019

4. Article for Fall UTE Newsletter

  • CVWMS: summary per update by employer

5. CRA-UTE meeting items

THE CHAIR’S OPENING COMMENTS:

  • Need update on member feedback on T1 system – see commitment from CRA on p. 9 of November 22, 2019 minutes
  • Tracking progress of items/commitments of CRA
  • Chat-Bot: Why did it not go through the Tech Change Committee? What are its impacts on members’ workloads?

CONTACT CENTRE TRANSFORMATION INITIATIVE

  • Incident reports re: phone system: Does the CRA have stats on how many they are receiving, and how many issues identified are being fixed? – Chair to speak to it

COLLECTIONS VERIFICATION WORKLOAD MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (CVWMS)

  • Insufficient training, contrary to A. 24 of CA – e-guide and then an hour or two in workshop setting, but not valuable training -- Presidents’ Rep to speak to it
  • On roadshow, there was just a PPT presentation on a big projector – Was there any opportunity for members to look at CVWMS on an actual computer screen, for field agents? Do you ensure that you have a good age range of members, reflecting different abilities re: sight, ergonomics…? – Presidents’ Rep to speak to it
  • Is there a downtime code for CVWMS? Presidents’ rep was told no, so could affect members’ performance – Presidents’ Rep to speak to it
  • Ergonomic issues – when will these be fixed? What kind of accommodations are being provided? 26 data display issues; 12 with temporary fixes; 14 still outstanding = these are hazards –  Technical Advisor/Chair to speak to it
  • What is “Agile approach” mentioned on p. 2 – Chair to speak to it
  • Co-Chair to speak to fact that CRA always says that for the next program issues will be fixed prior to it going out into the field; but this never happens – unacceptable that ergonomic issues come up after a release.

DIGITAL MAILROOM PROJECT

  • Has the contract been awarded? When will this officially go live? Chair to speak to it

ROBOTIC PROCESS AUTOMATION (RPA) – REVENUE LEDGER (RL) PROJECT

  • Potential WFA here? – Chair to speak to it

CHARITIES IT MODERNIZATION PROJECT

  • New Item – will await update from CRA

PRE_MATCH

  • New Item – will await update from CRA

e-RFI and e-FAX

  • New Item – will await update from CRA

REFILE

  • New Item – will await update from CRA

BENEFITS SYSTEM RENEWAL PROJECT

  • Why brought to our attention only now if being released in October 2019? Been piloted? Any issues similar to CVWMS? – Chair to speak to it

DIGITAL SERVICES STRATEGY

  • Will await update from CRA

DEPARTMENTAL ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE SYSTEM REPLACEMENT PROJECT

  • Will await update from CRA

T3 MODERNIZATION

  • Will await update from CRA

PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION NUMBER AUTHENTICATION

  • Will await update from CRA

6. Tracking progress of items

  • See point 5