September 3, 2015
1. Harper only provides for the 1%, not the rest of us
- Harper is the worst Prime Minister for the economy since R.B. Bennett in the 1930s.
- Corporate Tax Rates have been slashed from 28% to 15%. This has saved corporations $477 Billion in taxes.
- 93% of Canadians can’t take advantage of the increased Tax Free Savings Account (TFSA) limit.
2. Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms
- Bill C-51 effectively destroys Canadians’ right to protest by labeling them as terrorists.
- The Government is effectively destroying Canadians right to freely associate. As reported, Bill C-51 disproportionately targets indigenous communities, environmental activists, dissidents, and Muslims.
- Social injustices this government has committed include making pay equity almost impossible for women to achieve and also completely contravened the Charter by unilaterally trying to change sick leave.
3. Future pay raises may be smaller than they appear
- Committed wanton disregard of Canadian workers’ collectively bargained wage increases with the CRA and rolled them back unilaterally.
- Wasted Canadians’ tax dollars on costly and unnecessary court action.
4. Your Sick Leave is on Life Support
- Is completely contravening the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms by unilaterally trying to change sick leave that was collectively bargained.
- Will force workers to choose between losing pay for basic necessities or going to work sick.
For more reasons on why you need to hold your government accountable, check out “8 public service issues that should decide this federal election” at: