COMMITTED TO EQUALITY IN THE WORKPLACE
Position Title: Administrative Support Position
Employment Type: Permanent
Classification: Band 6
Salary: $65,542 to $73,767
Language: Bilingual Imperative ($1300.00 Bilingual bonus)
Union: AEU Unit V
AREA OF SELECTION:
Open to :
- employees within AEU Bargaining Unit V;
- other members of the Alliance Employees Union;
- employees of the PSAC and its Components who are not members of AEU
- Members of the Union of Taxation Employees; and
- General Public
The position is located in Ottawa, Ontario and the successful candidate must reside in the geographic proximity of the National Capital region.
Under the direction of the Senior Labour Relations Officer, may include, but not be limited to the following:
- Providing administrative support to one or more Labour Relations Officers;
- Providing receptionist duties, including receiving and directing incoming phone enquiries and requests for services;
- Performing general office duties such as filing, photocopying, mailing, sending facsimiles, etc.;
- Composing, typing, formatting, preparing and issuing letters, memoranda and other communiqués;
- Assembling and organizing documents, equipment and supplies for training courses, conferences and meetings;
- Maintaining and updating changes to the internal and external telephone directories;
- Entering and transcribing data and information as directed.
- Proficient in written, oral and comprehension of both English and French;
- Successful completion of Secondary School or an acceptable level of education, training and experience equal to successful completion of Secondary School;
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Outlook);
- Knowledge of Access, Excel and PowerPoint an asset;
- Ability to prepare draft letters and effectively type, transcribe and edit documents;
- Ability to independently organize, plan and determine work priorities in order to meet strict deadlines, in an environment with multiple and competing priorities;
- Good knowledge of the use of standard office equipment;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Strong communications skills;
- Sound judgment, initiative, reliability and the ability to work independently;
- Understanding and commitment to trade union and equity principles.
- General administrative and secretarial knowledge and ability associated with successful completion of business and/or secretarial training, or equivalent, normally acquired through several years of experience in providing secretarial and administrative services relevant to the duties of the position would be an asset.
CLOSING DATE: October 15, 2021
Candidates should demonstrate in their applications how their qualifications meet the advertised qualifications for the position. Failure to do so will result in candidates being screened out of the process. Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
Applications must be sent via e-mail to Shane O’Brien, Senior Labour Relations Officer, Union of Taxation Employees at email@example.com and received no later than the close of business on October 15, 2021.
Please note that expenses incurred by applicants in attending any and all interviews and/or tests shall be the sole responsibility of the applicant.