Sisters, Brothers and Friends,
The Union of Taxation Employees (UTE) National Bargaining Committee met this week to discuss and prioritize the demands received from our members. The preliminary package of demands will soon be finalized and sent to the PSAC Collective Bargaining Department.
I would like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank all members of the committee for their great work.
In accordance with UTE Regulation No. 10, Brother Adam Jackson, 2nd National Vice-President in charge of bargaining, Brother Jamie vanSydenborgh, Regional Vice-President of the Southwestern Ontario Region and Co-Chair of the National Bargaining Committee, and I selected earlier today the members who will be part of our bargaining team.
The team is composed of the following nine members:
- Adam Jackson, 2nd National Vice-President
- Jamie vanSydenborgh, Regional Vice-President, Southwestern Ontario Region
- Brian Oldford, Regional Vice-President, Atlantic Region
- Ashley Green, President of the St. John's Tax Centre Local, Presidents' Representative for the Tax Centres
- Dan Aiken, President of the Charlottetown Local, Presidents' Representative for Tax Services Offices
- Eddy Aristil, Regional Vice-President, Montreal Region
- David Lanthier, Regional Vice-President, National Capital Region
- Andria Cullen, Regional Vice-President, Greater Toronto Region
- Kimberley Koch, Regional Vice-President, Pacific Region
Now that the team has been established, it will be meeting over the next few weeks with our negotiator, Brother Morgan Gay, to review the preliminary package and develop the final package of demands and to establish the final order of our priorities.
Of course, we will continue to keep you informed of all developments related to the renewal of your contract.
I wish the best of success to our bargaining team and invite you to join me in providing them with our unwavering support throughout the process.
Union of Taxation Employees