|Alternate Regional Vice-Presidents|
|Labour Relations Officers|
Re: Retroactive Entitlement to Expenses Reimbursed as a Result of Leave Without Pay
As you are aware, the Union of Taxation Employees (UTE) Regulation on the Reimbursement of Expenses provides for reimbursement of wages lost due to being on leave without pay while on authorized business for UTE. As you are also aware, a new collective agreement has been concluded with the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency (CCRA) covering the period November 1st, 2000 to October 31st, 2003, with revised rates of pay retroactive to the commencement of the new collective agreement. As a result, members who were on authorized business for UTE and were previously reimbursed for lost wages during the retroactive period may be entitled to further adjustments from UTE.
Accordingly, members who may be entitled to these retroactive adjustments and who wish to claim these adjustments from UTE should submit a written request as soon as possible to the UTE National Office (attention: Donna Nitz) seeking reimbursement and including the following information, if possible:
- period of leave without pay;
- group and level at the time of the leave without pay period;
- for those who occupy a Management Group (MG) position, an identification of these periods of leave without pay while in the MG group;
- address, including the postal code of the address to which the adjustment cheque, if any, should be sent; and
- the members Social Insurance Number.
Upon receipt of the aforementioned information, a cheque will be issued as soon as practicable.
In closing, your assistance is requested in providing a copy of this Bulletin to all members who may be affected.
1st National Vice-President