|Alternate Regional Vice-Presidents|
|Labour Relations Officers|
Re: UTE Triennial Convention 2005
The Executive Council will be considering the location for the next Triennial Convention. In order to allow locals the opportunity to make their desire to host the event known we have outlined hotel requirements, such as guest rooms and meeting space that are needed by the UTE. We have not commented on the hours and hours of volunteer time and effort required to host this event.
The following are minimum Hotel and area requirements for UTEs 2005 convention.
- Approximately three hundred (300) guest rooms for five nights.
- Six (6) to ten (10) suites for five nights (for hospitality rooms etc.).
- Office space needed for 24 hours per day, for seven days.
- Meeting room large enough for a set up for twenty (20) in a hollow square plus translation booth six days 24 hour period.
- Room big enough to host wine and cheese party of approximately 300 people.
- Banquet room large enough to host supper and dance for approximately 300 people. (large round tables of 10 or smaller tables of 8).
- Meeting space set up classroom style for three hundred (300), a head table of ten (10) with speakers podium and a desk top podium, six (6) floor mikes and room for a translation booth. This is needed for five days 24 hours a day.
- Restaurants or coffee shops in close proximity to feed three hundred (300) people within an hour and half at lunchtime.
If your local is interested in hosting the 2005 convention please indicate your intentions either in writing or through your Regional Vice President by the December Executive Council meeting (December 3rd). Al l submissions will be reviewed and a final decision by the Executive Council will be made by March 2003.