Alternate Regional Vice-Presidents
Labour Relations Officers
For distribution or posting for members
RE: ONGOING BARGAINING DEMANDS COLLECTION PROCESS
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
Our 2010 negotiation process is now completed; we have concluded a new Collective Agreement expiring on October 31, 2012. At this point, we have to start preparing for the next round of negotiation. Therefore, we are pleased to re-activate the ongoing bargaining demands collection process.
Any UTE member in good standing may use the following procedure to submit bargaining demands:
- Demands must be prepared using the UTE’s official form by clicking on the following link: bargaining demand form.
- Demands must be approved by an authorized Local Executive member. Please refer to the directory to help you identify your local.
- Demands must be legible and their intent must be clear. However, if the demands are ambiguous they will be returned to the local.
- The local is responsible to forward the demands to the National Office as soon as they are approved.
- The local will send the bargaining demand by email to Nicole St-Aubin, Administrative Assistant at: firstname.lastname@example.org, we recommend that you save and send the form as an attachment. An acknowledgement of the demands will be sent to the local by email.
- A copy of the demands will be sent to the Chair of the Standing Bargaining Committee.
NOTE: This process is connected with the official bargaining demand collection process that takes place at each round of bargaining. Therefore, the Standing Bargaining Committee will notify you of the cut-off date of the ongoing demand collection process. Locals are responsible for keeping a copy of the bargaining demands that are sent to the UTE National Office during the ongoing process. This way, when the official process starts, you will be able to compare the bargaining demands, thereby allowing you to submit new demands, avoiding duplication.
Attached is a sample of the official bargaining demand form and a bargaining demand.
2nd National Vice-President