To: Executive Council
Alternate Regional Vice-Presidents
Re: Executive Council Meeting / Presidents’ Conference of September 2022
The above-mentioned meetings will take place at the Delta Hotel at 101 Lyon Street, Ottawa according to the following schedule.
- The Executive Council meeting will be held from Tuesday, September 20 to Wednesday, September 21, 2022, in the Panorama room.
- Please take note that the meeting will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). There will be a lunch break from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. and health breaks from 10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
- Council Members, please send your reports, motions, agenda items, and supporting documentation by no later than Monday, August 29thto Guylène Lepage at Lepageg@ute-sei.org.
- The September 2022 Presidents' Conference will be held in a hybrid format (face-to-face and virtual) from Thursday, September 22nd to Saturday, September 24, 2022.
- For delegates/observers attending in person, the Conference will be held in the International Ballroom of the Delta Hotel. The hospitality suite will be in the Pinnacle – Penthouse Level.
- For delegates/observers who are participating in the virtual format, the link to the Conference will be sent the week prior to the conference.
- Please take note that the conference (in both formats) will be held from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time (EST). There will be a lunch break from 11:45 a.m. to 1:15 p.m. and health breaks from 10:15 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. to 3:15 p.m.
Agenda items, motions and supporting documentation
- Please send the agenda items and supporting documentation by no later than Monday, August 29th to Guylène Lepage at Lepageg@ute-sei.org to ensure translation and distribution in each participant’s conference kit.
- A short summary of your items is required. The summary will be transcribed in the minutes as submitted.
- The Local Presidents are automatically registered as delegates. Hotel accommodations are made for you and will be charged to a master account. You are responsible, however, to pay your own personal and incidental expenses.
- For those Local Presidents who are not attending the conference, please make sure to notify Guylène Lepage at Lepageg@ute-sei.org of his/her alternate’s name no later than 12:00 p.m. on August 18th.
- For delegates who chose to participate virtually, please inform and submit a personal email address to Guylène Lepage at Lepageg@ute-sei.org no later than 12:00 p.m. on August 18thto ensure that we do not make a room reservation on your behalf and to also make sure that you effectively receive the link to participate at the conference.
- An advance cheque will be sent to you under separate cover. All other monies owed will be paid at the conference if an expense claim is submitted prior to 11:45 a.m. on Friday, September 23rd.
- For claims received after that deadline, a cheque or direct deposit will be processed the following week. Cheques that are mailed in the week following the conference usually arrive in the mail within 10 business days the following week.
- Monies paid by direct deposits are usually processed on the same day, and depending upon your financial institution, are usually deposited to your account on the day that the transfer has been completed.
- UTE National will not pay any per diem to delegates attending the Presidents' Conference in a virtual format as they will be attending from home.
- Locals wishing to bring or virtually register an observer(s) to the Presidents’ Conference are required to submit the name(s) and personal email address(s) directly to Guylène Lepage at Lepageg@ute-sei.org no later than 12:00 p.m. on August 18.
- Guylène Lepage will respond to each email request to ensure that all observers are registered, and that hotel accommodation is done accordingly or that the link is transmitted. Please contact her if you do not get a response.
- Hotel reservation requests received after this date will be subject to hotel space availability.
Please take note of the following important details:
- For any changes with your reservations, please contact Guylène Lepage at Lepageg@ute-sei.org.
- You are reminded that the Presidents’ Conference ends at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. All delegates are required to attend until the official adjournment. For individuals attending in person, any early departures that are not approved by the President or Vice-President responsible for Finance may result in the loss of per diem.
- For delegates attending the Presidents' Conference, UTE National will reimburse the full day's salary for each day (Thursday & Friday).
- You are reminded to complete the Emergency Information Form that will be included in your information package at the conference and return it to Guylène Lepage at the beginning of the conference.
- We are arranging for individually prepared snacks for participants in the hospitality suite on Wednesday night. Should you have any dietary restrictions or limitations, please advise Guylène Lepage by email at Lepageg@ute-sei.org no later than Friday September the 9th.
- Virtual participation will be limited to only the President’s Conference.
- The link to the conference will be sent the week prior to the conference.
- Should a delegate/substitute/observer have to cancel participation, kindly inform Guylène Lepage at Lepageg@ute-sei.org at your earliest convenience.
- Please note that depending on the progression of the COVID 19 pandemic, the wearing of a mask may become mandatory.
- All UTE events are scent free