- All parties agree to undertake actions which are completely transparent and which will promote trust in the systems and processes developed.
- Actions undertaken by the Committee will comply with existing objectives with regards to official language and employment equity.
- The Committee will take a proactive role in optimizing the employability of employees impacted by WFA situations.
- The Committee will take a proactive role in ensuring that the rights of employees are respected and the obligations of managers are fulfilled.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
- To assist employees who are affected or surplus.
- To assist local management and employees in fulfilling their roles and responsibilities as outlined in Part 1 of the WFA Appendix.
- To promote effective, consistent and equitable treatment of indeterminate employees who are affected by WFA situations.
- To consult concerning all matters concerning work force adjustment.
- To provide advice, guidance, and recommendations to management in the development of an employment strategy for affected or surplus employees, both within and outside the CCRA.
- To monitor the alternation process and assist in the employment of affected or surplus employees.
- To monitor actions and activities which may impact on FTE’s or operational/organizational changes to work which may affect the employees.
- The Committee shall review all staffing plans in the local area for potential vacancies for possible placement.
- To communicate directly with affected/surplus employees.
- To maintain a record of business and documents dealt with by the Committee. All Committee members shall receive copies of committee meeting minutes.
- To meet on a minimum quarterly basis. Committee members reserve the right to convene meetings at any time.
- The Committee will be composed of an equal number of Agency representatives, to be selected by the CCRA management and Alliance representatives, to be selected by the Alliance. Committee members can have technical experts attend meetings and participate to assist the committee.
- The Committee shall continue to meet until all affected and /or surplus employees have been placed.
- Members of the committee will be released from work with pay to fulfill their committee duties and their expenses associated with committee work will be paid for by CCRA.