The Committee shall consist of:
- A minimum of two Executive Council members as determined by the National President of which one shall be appointed Chairperson by the National President;
- One Tax Services Office Presidents’ Representative as prescribed by Regulation;
- One Tax Centre Presidents’ Representative as prescribed by Regulation;
- One Labour Relations Officer appointed by the National President to serve as Staff Advisor to the Committee.
Aims and Objectives
- The Committee shall address all issues referred to the Committee by the Convention, National President, Executive Committee, Executive Council, or as prescribed by Regulation;
- To act as the liaison between the Union of Taxation Employees (UTE) and the Headquarters of the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) on matters related to Staffing and Staffing Recourse;
- To provide advice, guidance and direction to the UTE on matters related to Staffing and Staffing Recourse;
- To ensure that meaningful consultation takes place between UTE and the CRA on matters related to Staffing and Staffing Recourse;
- To review all Staffing and Staffing Recourse documents provided by the CRA and to advocate the position of UTE;
- To consult with senior management of the CRA with respect to human resource planning and strategy and issues affecting UTE members;
- To review and provide comments with respect to new or amended work descriptions and job competency profiles referred to UTE by the CRA;
- To review and provide comments with respect to pre-populated performance expectations for certain positions as referred to UTE by the CRA;
- To monitor the CRA’s use of non-indeterminate staff and its use of long-term acting appointments;
- To maintain a record of business and documents dealt with by the Committee;
- To ensure that Locals, members and Executive Council are aware of Staffing and Staffing Recourse related issues through the publication and distribution of minutes and communiqués and making presentations at different fora as necessary.
The Committee shall meet at the call of the Chairperson of the Committee with the approval of the National President. Notwithstanding this, the Committee shall meet at least once per year.
Passed - Executive Council December 2015