Health and Safety Committee
Frequently Asked Questions
- Should the review of Hazardous Occurrence Investigation Reports, Form T4009, be a standing item on the WPHSC agenda?
- Could the review of Hazardous Occurrence Investigation Reports be included in the WPHSC’s terms of reference?
- Who is responsible to sign the T4009 in the section identified for the WPHSC?
- When should the WPHSC be notified that a T4009 has been filled out?
- Could the requirement that the employer must request that the WPHSC participate in all inquiries be included in the WPHSC’s Terms of Reference?
- Should WPHSCs all have copies of the COHSR; Health and Safety - Operations Program Directives (OPDs); Occupational Health and Safety - Interpretations, Policies and Guidelines (IPGs)?
- Should the WPHSC members receive an implementation guide for Parts XIX and XX of the COHSR and training from regional HR?
- Should WPHSC members feel pressured by their supervisor or any employer representative when they ask for paid leave to perform their duties?
- Can a WPHSC have members that report to different employers?
- Should First Aid Committees or first aiders respond to enquiries from the WPHSC?
- Does the employer have to ensure that there is a person assigned to take the WPHSC minutes? Can it be a WPHSCe member?
- Once, we have received Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) training when is the employer required to retrain us?
- How does the WPHSC inspect restricted access areas in the work place? (e.g. Enforcement)
- Does the WPHSC inspect areas that the employer identifies as not being under their control? (e.g. Boiler room, HVAC room, storage rooms, etc.)
- If the employer stores what could be hazardous or controlled products in the workplace, how should this be addressed?
- When the employer takes the position that the fire extinguishers in the workplace are not required by law should they be inspected by the WPHSC?
- Are household products in the workplace required to be identified? (e.g. Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS))
- When Health and Safety training is given, can a non-excluded employee be the employer representative?
- If scaffolding is used at the workplace, are there any requirements that address this?