The Committee shall be comprised of a Chairperson and Co-chairperson, from the Executive Council, recommended by the National President, and approved by the Executive Council. The local presidents at the September Presidents’ Conference elect a Presidents’ Representative for a term of three (3) years. The National President will appoint a staff advisor from the National Office staff and/or other Committee members as required.
Aims and Objectives
- The Committee shall endeavour to promote, encourage and improve communications in an effort to ensure that communication at all levels of the UTE is effective, efficient and responsive to the needs of the union and its members.
- The Committee shall make recommendations on all aspects of communication to the National President and/or to the Executive Council.
- The Committee shall deal with issues referred to it by the National President, Executive Council or Convention.
- The Committee shall oversee, prepare and arrange for distribution of the national newsletter.
- The Committee shall review the web site to ensure that it is current and informative and make recommendations for improvement of the web site to the National President or Executive Council.
- The Committee shall regularly review policies relating to communications and recommend necessary revisions.
- The Committee shall make recommendations to ensure that we use technology to enhance our ability to communicate.
The committee shall meet at the call of the chairperson and approved by the National President.
Adopted December 2014